Friday, April 29, 2011

March 28, 2011 -email

March 28, 2011

Hello Family!!

Wow, once again it sounds like there is alot of stuff happening at home. Mom, thanks for sending the DE from Dad. Dad thanks for writing, I've only skimmed it, I'm pretty sure I better wait for tonight. Thanks especially for the encouraging words, they always make me want to work harder, and be proud of who I am and of my family. We are very blessed to have the family that we have, I have been finding this out the longer I have been in Mexico.

We are teaching the family Peña. Adrian(dad) Brenda(mom) Kevin(9) Jael(6). Adrian is a brother to a member, and has seen the recent changes in him because he just got the priesthood, and so Adrian got interested in listening to us. He has had some problems drinking and is sick of the fact he isn't the father he wants to be. I'm stoked out of my mind to be teaching them, this is a family that I might get to go to the temple with. We have actually been teaching Brenda for the past couple months, but Salinas is really small, and lots of stuff happens... lets just say that I hope that the iglesia will never have a bad name for the things that I do. Anyway they are really promising. I hope we have a white Easter.

I've been thinking alot lately about the fact that I am really a missionary. It’s still sort of hard to believe. I am grateful to be one. The missionaries are pretty much celebrities in the church, people are constantly praying for us, and doing simple things to make our lives easier. I think it’s impossible for us to fail.

I got another package last Saturday!! The one with the CDs and the pictures, and also the candy! Thanks so much, especially for the pictures, they helped some of the wild kids in church.

I had the chance to be in the temple with Aunt Amy also, I also felt the presence of Grandma Wadsworth, decho I know she is there every time I go to the temple. Dad, I don't know what I would do if I were in your shoes, I can’t imagine one of my sisters not being here anymore. Thanks for your strength in the gospel and good example to me.

I love you all so much. Congratulations to Maren, I can see they got rid of that BYU shirt as soon as they could... I thought that was really funny. Can you guys send more pictures like those? Maybe of the play and just of things around, like when Mariah went into the MTC? Thanks for everything you all do.

Love Elder Waite

ps. It’s nice to be important but it’s more important to be nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment