Friday, April 29, 2011

February 23, 2011 -email

Hey family,

I'm really sorry I didn’t mail on Monday. We got to go to the temple today and when we do that we change our p day to Wednesday. The Monterrey Temple is amazing, really small but I like it. There is a lot of wood, and it looks really dark in the inside. Doing a Spanish session was tough, but I got through it ok. The city is sweet also, we went to the real part of the city and its CRAZY!

That’s too bad about Grandpa Povey. He was a really cool guy. I'll be sure to be praying for Aunt Amy more. I hope everything is going well with the family. About the dolls, I don’t think there is much use for them right now, especially with how much it is going to cost, but thank you anyway. But that reminds me, if you ever do want to send a package, the best chances it has to get here is by using a normal US Post Office flat rate box.

I'm trying to not get to excited about the package you sent since it probably is about two months away... I'm sure I'll enjoy the ensign but the mission gives us the Liahona in English, and it comes pretty well on time, so I don’t think you really need to send me one anymore.
As far as music goes basically anything, I think the best would be to just make some copies of any church stuff you think I might like - Motab, especially the patriotic and folk stuff. Most houses in the mission have some sort of cd player so that won’t be a problem. With the converter I’m pretty sure I'll be able to get one down here also.

I'm glad to hear you aren’t worried about me. I'm not worried about me either. I got attacked by a dog this week, he was really serious, I think he was racist, I kicked him in the face, it was a pretty good stress reliever and got my adrenalin up pretty good. I wish I had a picture to send you of that, but these will have to do.

1 me and Sergio (my investigator from kearns)
2 my first night in Mexico, Elder Davis and me with our elotes
3 if you can believe it that’s ice in Mexico
4 our church, don’t worry I'm not being disobedient by taking pictures of this, it’s officially called a house of prayer. I love it

We are still working hard, people are really receptive to the gospel, they just don’t want to go to church.

I love you guys

Elder Waite






No comments:

Post a Comment