Friday, April 29, 2011

March 8, 2011 -email

Hello family!

Well you aren't going to believe this but I got another companion and the best thing about it is he is native!!! I still can't believe it. I've been with him for a week tomorrow and I've spoken more Spanish in this week than ever before. Wednesday night was tough. After my first full day of being with him, I realized that I was probably the only gringo in Salinas, and there aren't very many others that speak English, but I can bear testimony that the Savior will comfort those that need it.

Some more good news... WE HAD A BAPTISM YESTERDAY!!! Crazy... this family came to church last week out of the blue and we started teaching them. The dad is a member, and now the two boys are too, but the parents aren't married so we need to do that before we can baptize the mother. It was way cool. I practiced the prayer all Sunday. Saturday we were trying to fill the font and I was looking how to drain it. The drain was covered in leaves and it was basically just a pipe coming out of the concrete wall. Anyway I stepped on it and it broke off. But not to worry, I was able to go to the store and get all new stuff and tools to fix it, and it was all in Spanish. Sketchy Spanish, but still. I'm pretty proud of myself to say the least. I would send pictures but we are at a different place than usual, and I'm actually not even with my real comp. He went with another missionary. They had to go to the hospital. Luckily I have been blessed with perfect health ever since I have come here. My new companion's name is Elder Guerrero. He is from Mexico City.

I am going to learn so much from him, this week has been really tough, but I'm happy right now. P day is always good. Good luck with everything you do, especially Mariah.

Love Elder Waite

No comments:

Post a Comment