Tuesday, April 26, 2011

February 7, 2011 -email

Hello Everyone, I'm still loving Mexico, the work is good. I love my companion, we get along really well. I love the food. We still don't have any progressing investigators. We are trying though. Thanks for the email. To answer your address question, all mail should be sent to:

Elder Camden Waite
Mexico Monterrey West Mission
Calle Chiapas #2202Colonia Roma Sur64700 Monterrey, Nuevo LeonMexico We move around quite a bit so they just want all the mail sent there. I think that is smartest. I'm already getting pretty good at telling if someone is drunk and to not waste our time talking to them but sometimes it is unavoidable... we were walking down the street and this lady came up and asked me for 5 pesos. I was going to say I did't have any but I was at that very moment holding some in my hand in my pocket so I gave it to her. She took my hand in hers in a death hold and proceeded to bawl. She told us about how none of her family loves her and all sorts of problems and she wanted us to pray for her. We tried to bail several times but she wouldn't let go of our hands. She would let go of one just to wipe her tears and then wipe them on us and say 'with my tears i...' it was crazy. Its been pretty cold here. The coldest its been is about 5 below freezing, sometimes it gets warmer during the day. It is actually nice right now though. It's rough because the people here only have concrete houses and it's the same temp inside as it is out. Needless to say, I will be eternally grateful to Mariah for making that blanket for me.
I need a couple of favors if its not to much to ask. We are sort of in charge of the loud kids during sacrament and stuff like that, so I need to know of games like cats cradle... so could you send me the directions to the thing when you tie your fingers all in a knot and stuff like that. Hopefully you know what I am talking about. I would explain but I don't have much time today either. Also Dad, if you have any jokes in spanish I would love to hear them.... mexicans love jokes... and I love mexicans. I've decided to throw caution out the window and accept the fact that I am going to pick up a northern mexican accent. I hope to figure out these computers and send some pictures soon... we are in a little shop, we have to pay for our time. The computers are weird. Thank you for all your good examples, especially you Mom and Dad, I love you. Knowing you are at home praying for the things we are doing makes me want to work even harder.Love Elder WaiteViva Mexico!

No comments:

Post a Comment