Friday, December 31, 2010

December 27, 2010 -email

Dear Family,

This has been one of the coolest Christmases ever. I hope you all had as much fun as I did, it’s been literally a riot here...

Somehow Christmas snuck up on me once again, and on Christmas Eve I found myself thinking "Holy cow... I can't believe it’s already here." This past week has flown by, as have all the others. As a district we have had lots of fun telling each other our family traditions, or about some of our best memories of the past and best of all going to pick up our packages. Christmas Eve was a normal day except we had a Fireside that night, it was very good and we all felt the spirit of the season. The MTC presidency talked and told lots of stories, and the story in Luke 2 was read to us. After that we watched Mr. Kruger's Christmas, I'm pretty sure I've seen that show every Christmas of my life... but that made it that much better.

Christmas morning I woke up around 4, I don't know why, my body must just have a yearly alarm clock set for then. So I opened my presents, thank you so much for everything, the tie is sweet, I've already been offered 4 ties for it. but I think my tie trading is done, I like my collection as it is. We had a talent show in the morning, President Smith raised the roof with a harmonica number at the very beginning, and the rest of the talents were amazing. The MTC has talent, we all got pretty rowdy, which was kinda bad because the next meeting was with E' Nelson, but it was good. He stayed with us all weekend, we had three meetings with him.

Christmas night we had another Fireside with two legit actors who told us a shortened version of "A Christmas Carol," I'm glad I got to see that, it probably wouldn't have been Christmas without it. Pres. Smith gave us an assignment that night, we were to read Isaiah 9:6, Isaiah 52, 3N 1:1-23, Luke 2, 2N 9:21-24, John 3:16-17 and to record our thoughts in our journal.

I hope you all had a good Christmas, I did, the words “God be thanked for the matchless gift of his atoning son" were in my mind
love e waite

No comments:

Post a Comment