Friday, December 31, 2010

November 29, 2010 -email

Hello Family?
How are things going for everyone? How are you all liking the snow? That sounds pretty sweet... sounds like the snow day was a much needed rest for everyone, and you got a lot done! I was really jealous that you got snow and we didn't, but we have about six inches now... but we are only allowed to touch it with one finger at a time so it’s really doesn't even mean anything.

How was Thanksgiving for ya'll? Did you stay at home? I don't really remember what your plans were but I kinda thought you were thinking about going somewhere. My Thanksgiving was legit. Elder Holland came and talked to us and all his grandchildren came and sang. When I first saw him I thought we might get chastised a little bit, but that wasn't what it was at all, He said that for that day his family was our family. It was probably the most spiritual meeting I have ever been to. Near the end of his talk he did start on a little hell fire and damnation speech about being lonely, he said we shouldn't be lonely.

Well I think you could call me the black sheep of the MTC... I have a new Companion! Who would have thought...

His name is Elder Chistensen from somewhere in California, I wish I could remember but I can’t, and I’ve already asked him about four times and I don't think he'll appreciate a fifth.. It doesn't really matter. We got the news last night, so I haven’t been with him very long. He is supposed to be in Peru but he is waiting on his visa. I'm a little worried about changing all the time like I have been, I think it’s starting to affect my Spanish. Speaking of Spanish, I haven't taught a lesson in English for about five days. I don't know if I could really say I've been teaching in Spanish, most of the time we just sit there is silence trying to think of something to say.

Anyways, it’s pretty much the same old thing day in and day out. I guess I should be grateful for all the companion changes so I have something to write about. I really love it here, Elder Holland helped me realize that. I hope everything is going good, you guys are probably just as busy as ever. I love you!
Love
Elder Waite

P.S.
Sadie, yes I think I have been getting all your letters, but I don't know the exact number I have. Thanks for all of them! I can't wait to be in Mexico. I miss you to..

No comments:

Post a Comment