Friday, December 31, 2010

November 15, 2010 -letter

For Enrichment(it was combined with the YW) one night, my mom was going to speak and needed Elder Waite to write her and tell her a way that girls affected him and his choice to go on a mission.
This was his reply

 Dear Mom,
                I hope this gets to you on time, sorry that I didn’t write this in the email so you could have it faster.  I’m not sure what to say about girls helping me go on a mission, I really don’t have any legit stories or anything.  The first thing that popped into my head was about Aubrie.
                When we were dating I had that No. 10 can full of coins.  When we opened it and started counting it, I was talking about what I wanted to spend it on.  When I asked her what she thought I should spend it on, she said “Ummm, on your mission maybe…”  Her tone was really funny, almost as if she thought I was supposed to think of that myself.
                I don’t have any other specific stories.  The best thing girls can do is just say, “You better go on a mission.”  Also, if boys know that girls expect them to serve, I think helps.
                Sorry I don’t have very much for you.  I hope this helps.  I could probably come up with more, I just don’t have time. 
Thank you for everything.
Love,
Elder Waite

No comments:

Post a Comment