Wednesday, January 18, 2012

November 1, 2012

Handwritten, snail mail letter. . .

Dear Waite Family,

I take pencil in hand to tell you that I am doing just fine. Today is Tuesday, usually we have zone meeting but this week we don’t because we have zone conference on Thursday. This morning has been normal. I woke up around 6:20, earlier than I should but I was awake and just decided to get up because I knew if I didn’t I would be more tired later. I exercised doing push-ups and sit-ups, ironed my shirt, showered, ate peach yogurt with corn flakes in it, then started to study.

I studied to the Mo-tab CD of “Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing”, and started to review my notes from General Conference, because in zone conference we are all going to share something that inspired us. I found in my notes something that said, “teach in a way that doesn’t impede learning,” and other various quotes about the Holy Ghost so I started to study about that.

In companionship study we just talked about the lessons that we have planned for today. We ended about 10 minutes early and went to a sister in our ward who has a blender and lives close, so we could make ourselves a banana with oatmeal shake. Right now is language study. I rarely study language anymore – not because we don’t want to, but because there are always so many other things that we need to do.

Today we are going to eat with an hermana that has a Mexican hairless dog. She usually fixes us picadillo or something like that. It should be good.

I has been getting pretty cold here at night – not enough to shut the window, but I have been using a blanket. I really like the brisk feeling that there is right now. The Mexicans don’t. I think that fall is my favorite time of the year, and it is easy to miss home thinking about the reasons why. However, I am glad that I am here. That still doesn’t make me wonder how you all are doing. In your letters it sounds like you’re all just as busy as ever.

I hope this letter gets to you, or the mail man just pockets the 20 pesos that it cost to send it. It’s not a long letter and I haven’t said much, but I at least wanted to say hi. Hi! I love all you guys and miss you.

Love,
Elder Waite

No comments:

Post a Comment