Tuesday, January 17, 2012

January 2, 2012

Hello Family!!

It’s a pretty nice day in Monterrey today. All the smoke from the fires and fireworks from the party on Saturday is cleared out. How was the party for you guys? They really know how to party here. I would like to know how much alcohol was consumed the past weekend here. We had fun - ate dinner (twice), tried to keep some recent converts from drinking, lit some fireworks and broke a piñata. I'm glad we had cool people to kick it with. I was worried about Sunday and if we would be able to bring anyone to church but the family that we have been teaching went - Francisco, Lydia and their kid Uriel. Uriel wants to get baptized this Sunday (I think we will be able to do that for him). Francisco was supposed to get baptized this week but he never had a dream that he needed to feel like it’s what God wanted him to do. Sometimes people are so funny and want some of the funniest things. I just realized how funny it was that we have been praying for some random guy to have a dream... I have actually had lots of people ask me to translate their dreams, most of the time I have no idea what to say so I just change it a little and make a reference to some scripture that talks about baptism. Latin or Mexican people are dreamers (which proves even more to me that they are descendants of Lehi). I think that is an active form of people receiving revelation. Thinking about that I feel a little left out because I only remember that I have had a total of two dreams as a missionary.

Not a lot of news this week. I whole heatedly agree with Mariah when she said that missionary life is over-eating, under-sleeping and stressful. I think this is a way God prepares us to live normal stressful lives. Oh, I forgot to tell you, I helped put out a truck that had caught on fire New Year’s Eve... it was pretty intense.

I love you,
Elder Waite

No comments:

Post a Comment