Sunday, November 6, 2011

October 31, 2011

Hello Family!!

Happy Nevada Day! My comp thought it was very funny that I told him Happy Nevada Day before happy Halloween, both great days.

Answers to questions, we eat every day except for Mondays at 2 with a member. So we get to know the families in our ward pretty good. About the shoes, they are going downhill, but I haven't sent a picture of them because they aren't that bad yet. I don't think it is necessary to buy some for me because I can do that here. There are lots of places that that would be easy especially in this area. We are right in the middle of Monterrey and everything is in our zone. I wasn´t exactly sure if we could get the shoes free from the Kater Shop - I thought they told me we could but I'm not sure. If they can, I will send you a picture in a couple months to get them.

Changes went well. I am still with Elder Riley. I am very surprised about that because he is ready and has been ready for the last while to be senior companion. However, we will continue to tear it up here. If you want to see our house this is the address, Articulo 123 number 1804 Colonia Progresso.

This week was a pretty tough one. Things just had a hard time working out for us. We didn't have a baptism but there were lots of people that came to church and there were lots of members also. Sacrament meeting was actually full for once and everybody was singing. It was the primary program here and I enjoyed it a lot. Our investigators enjoyed it more, Irma`s family went again. They love us. I hope it’s alright that I invite most of our progressing investigators to our house, they actually said they were going to come. I would say that they are the most promising that could use some prayers. Irma (mom) Carlos(11) Cecilia(8) Abner (6) Sandy(2).

I am about to finish Jesus the Christ. I love that book, highly recommend it. I am wondering if I should send the sweet copy home so you can send it to Mariah again. I don't know if she had time to read it or not when she had it. I don't really want to give it up but it is something from the family if you know what I mean.

We had a cool experience in a lesson this week. I have a testimony of the Book of Mormon and I have started to read it lots more in the house at night, its especially useful the tough days. When we come home and I am stressed about something that happened or something isn’t right I usually say a prayer and let the Book of Mormon fall open where it will and I will begin to study. I have found it is a great way to know what the Lord wants me to. I have suggested it to investigators before, but I’ve never done it in a lesson until this week when we did it with Irma. Irma said the prayer and then I explained what we were going to do, she opened the book and we read 3 Nefi 9 14-22, pretty powerful. I'll leave you guys to read it and maybe experiment on your own. That was something pretty great that happened this week.

As far as Christmas stuff goes I would really just appreciate the stuff that I've already asked, and stories that I could read that have a spiritual twist to them. Some of these might be stories from my ancestors if you know what I mean. I don't really need anything except a blender and waffle iron but you guys don't need to worry about that.

Thanks for all you do for me.

I love you guys!!!
Elder Waite

No comments:

Post a Comment