Tuesday, June 21, 2011

June 6, 2011

Hello Family,

First off the pictures – 1- Me and my comp at the temple. I don't think I sent this one to you, sorry if I have. 2- Martha, the lady we baptized this week. Boy was it an adventure and a miracle to say in the least. Her brother had his legs amputated a couple years ago and has had lots of problems since. Thursday he went to the hospital because his kidneys stopped working, so we went to the hospital to see them. He didn't want anything but Martha was golden, and it was legit to see her faith. We learned that they had gone to the hospital from the neighbor. It is a huge hospital, and we didn't even know the full name of her brother to ask the people there, but we went and we found Martha. It was a miracle. I didn't even realize it until I was thinking about it yesterday how impossible the odds were of finding her there. I guess we live in a world of miracles after all. We were able to arrange for someone to stay with the brother for the time that it would take to do the baptism on Sunday. We went to pick her up from her house Sunday and on our way to the church we stopped and picked up another investigator, Maria (she is the other lady in the picture). It turns out that they have been friends since birth. They went to school and everything together, they even dated the same guy and hated each other at one point in their lives, but they are cool now. Anyway, now the both of them are even more excited to be going to church together, and Maria is going to get baptized next week. It’s a pretty cool story if you ask me. I hope I wrote it well enough so you can all understand.

Things in the companionship haven't improved one bit. I don't really want to write about it and there's not much to say other than I am amazed that God is blessing us with more success now when there is contention. Spanish and I are battling. I always confuse myself when I am talking. I haven't quite fallen in love with it yet like I thought I would. This whole mission business is a whole lot harder than I ever thought it would be, but it is still pretty easy to count my blessings.

Sorry I haven't been keeping up on investigators that you could pray for. It’s pretty tough because they come and go pretty fast, but I think Maria would be a good name for you guys. I hope nothing impedes her from getting baptized this coming Sunday.

We went to the offices today (4.5 pesos in metro and a 25 peso for a taxi, in this area we almost never use the buses, mostly the metro, for 4.5 pesos you can go almost anywhere in Monterrey). I had to do some things with my visa, and I am legitly legal now.

I hope you all are doing well. I have some Dear Elders and a couple letters to read but I haven't yet. I am really excited to. It’s like Christmas every time your letters come. I have been really stressed lately. Today we got together as a district and watch The Singles Ward Two with pizza. It was a legit break, except I am the only American in our district and felt a little alone. That movie is pretty funny. Maybe it’s the fact I'm a missionary and haven't seen a movie in a while.

Love

Elder Waite

No comments:

Post a Comment