Monday, February 20, 2012

January 25, 2012

Greetings Family!

How is everybody doing? I have had a great couple days because I finally got mail!!! A bunch of Christmas stuff and more from you guys and other various persons. Also the weather here is perfect, apart from being a little humid, and has been for a while; mid 70's with very mild clouds and winds. Now I only sweat when I walk fast or for long periods of time.

For the Questions: Picadillo is browned ground beef with potatoes in little cubes. Yes, I love shakes, I've moved on to papaya and oatmeal. Sometimes I eat it with vanilla whey protein if I worked out hard in the morning. I just put about 1/8th-1/4 of a gallon of milk with about a quarter or a half of a papaya, or if it is a banana shake, two bananas. Blend it up with a little bit of honey, put it in a yogurt container and mix the oatmeal in raw. It’s one of the best parts of my day because I eat it during personal study.

We had Zone conference yesterday. It was pretty cool. Sister Romney always delivers the most powerful message – at least for me. She talked about Christ-like attributes, and especially humility. Consequently, that chapter in Preach my Gospel is my favorite. I had actually been studying it lately. I think I am often like a horse in the harness that is just fighting and using more energy to get out and do my own thing than to just go and do like Nefi. If we all just had the faith to be humble enough to accept the Lord’s will we would suffer a lot less and get a lot more done.

We have a baptism today at 6:30. Lydia - she is really excited and so am I. I just hope her husband follows...we might just push him in tonight, de una vez, because he is just making up excuses now.

Congrats on the new arms. Looks like the girls are going to turn into either magpie killers or world helpers.

Love,

Elder Waite

No comments:

Post a Comment