Monday, February 20, 2012

February 6, 2012

Hello Family,

Thanks for your email. I like hearing from you as well Mom. I'm glad to hear you are all doing well. I am doing fine also, I guess I can't complain. We had a baptism yesterday, however it didn't count for us, she is a little girl named Lesslie. She asked me to baptize her. It was pretty fun. It didn't count for us because she is 8 and her parents are both members. We normally leave it up to the ward to do everything in this case, but they were sleeping on the job so we just decided to do it. The mom, Theresa is a recent convert and active - actually she feeds us sometimes, and she gave us the reference for Lydia and Uriel who just barely got baptized. She also talked to you on the Christmas tape that I sent. We made invitations and legit programs, and I was content doing it because they have many friends that would and did come to church. Our pool of possibilities is now lots bigger and some more people know a little about us. That was the big thing that happened to us this week.

It is a cold day in Monterrey, tomorrow is going to be colder. My fingers are having trouble typing. I miss the cold like it is at home but I would probably die if I had to live in a concrete house in Idaho. I haven't been feeling great lately. I lost a little weight and haven't been sleeping good so I decided to talk to Sis Romney about it. She said it was normal for missionaries that have a long time in the mission. I didn't realize I was one of those that had a lot of time. I'm not telling you this to get you worried (Mom) I still eat and work like a rhinoceros. I just thought it was funny that she thought I had lots of time in the mission...weird.

Anyway, have a good week!

Love,
Elder Waite

No comments:

Post a Comment