Saturday, July 16, 2011

July 13, 2011 -email

Hello KC7ZKV, KD7NFU, KD7ODQ, KD7HNH, Maren, Ainsley, Hallie, Sadie and Janie!

 How is everyone doing? I hope you aren't too sad that you weren't able to go on the hike this week. It’s starting to heat up in Monterrey.... again. Yesterday it was about 107, today seems just as bad but we haven't been walking around very much. We just got back from playing soccer, the zone here is pretty united and we have lots of activities like that. It’s a good thing there are more gringos than just me, because if not the Mexicans would hate me because I'm so bad. I thought I was getting good, or at least better, but today I struggled.
You have probably assumed this but we went to the temple today, it was really cool. I was the last one to go into the Celestial Room and was accompanied by two elders and a sister for about 5 minutes and then I was all alone. I stayed in there for a long time all alone. It was an experience that I don't ever want to forget. I received a confirmation again that this is the place I should be right now, doing the things that we do. As the spirit always does, I was encouraged to try and give a little more and be more like the Savior, especially when things are the hardest.
 Well I have some good news. I woke up speaking Spanish this morning. I had a pretty rough dream; I don't remember what it was about but I remember being startled and a little on edge so I just decided to get up. It was around 5 and we had to leave a little early to get to the temple. The cool thing was that when I got to my senses, I said to myself how nervous I was and everything all in Spanish, maybe even my dream was in Spanish, who knows. It was neat, but I still have a long way to go, there are still lots of things I don't understand and things I can't say right. That is one thing that I'm grateful for my companion for. I have been able to improve on my language skills just speaking with him.
 Sunday I gave a talk. 17 minutes strong. It was about covenants. I took some thoughts from the conference talk 'Followers of Christ' if you want to read it, and the scripture Moroni 10:33 I think. I'm not sure on the scriptures, I left my notes and everything at home, next week I'll send them...
 To answer the questions, no I do not have the package yet, it has not gotten to the offices so far. I don't remember if there were any other questions. How is Mariah doing? Haven't heard from her for a while. I hate to be a pest but I've been thinking about the radios lately and just want to make sure, or at least know what is going on with my license. I hope I will be able to renew it.
 I love you all, hope you keep on doing the things that lead to happiness.
 Love,
Elder KD7ODR

No comments:

Post a Comment