Wednesday, April 25, 2012

March 19, 2012


March 19, 2012

Hello Family,

Wow, it really has been quite the week there. After reading your letter I feel like the family that we took to church yesterday. They had friends over that didn't leave until 3:00 in the morning, and they went to three hours of church (they haven't been to any church in years, so three hours in one church at one time is impressive) and a baptism that lasted about another hour with the whole show. I asked the girl how she liked church and she just sort of stood there with a dazed look as if she didn’t' know what to say. I think she must have liked something, because the she and her brother both said they would like to get baptized. Their names are Juritza and Jose Francisco (Pepito) the dad’s name is also Jose Francisco, he is really cool. He likes to listen and ask questions but for some reason he is a little cold when we talk about baptism... that just means there are some doubts that just haven't come to the surface yet. Hopefully this week he will tell us more so he can get baptized with his kids.

Naomi Tamara got baptized yesterday. I'm not sure if I told you about her last week, might have slipped my mind. She has had a tough life, just barely came to live with her mom (a member) for the first time in her life. Paola and Leticia got confirmed with no problems.

Yes, I did watch Maren’s Beauty and the Beast play, and enjoyed it very much. Good luck with your play Hannah, I'd love to watch it... I guess it will have to be next year.

I like my area - the people are solid and like to listen. We are working with a Christian called Lizet who understands everything we say and asks really good questions. That could also be a bad thing because she is using her head not her feelings. I don't know what else I can tell you about the area... it’s really hot, and we drink lots more, and eat lots of freshly made flour tortillas. One of the things I miss is drinking milk at meals.

I hope you are all doing well.
 Love,

Elder Waite

No comments:

Post a Comment